Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Spending The Afternoon On Genealogy

 Of course, Patrick wanted to go grocery shopping this morning. I wanted to get it done and over with so I could get on the computer to work on genealogy. We went shopping and, on the way, stopped to drop off some batting and backing for Linda Nelson to quilt the quilt she has for us. I had to cut that before we left. 

Patrick spent part of the day on the computer for moms' taxes. So, while he was on, I played games. Then it was time for me to get on. 

I wanted to get some of Bryan's information into the computer and work on ancestry - since it stops on the 28th. I should have been doing this earlier. Oh, well. At least I can chat with Bryan on Friday about what all I have entered and what information I'm not sure about. 

I basically worked on the MATHESON family, since Bryan is a MATHESON. I added a few more names to my tree. I also found a lot of them on findagrave and had to add the death dates on them. Ancestry had some more information as well. Then I noticed I was entering distant cousins who passed away around the age of 56-63. Depressing when they start coming up at that age. Some photos on them make me think I've seen them. Chances are I haven't, but I guess we all have the same features and don't realize it. Really interesting. 

I tried to back up my TAYLOR tree, and it wouldn't back up. I tried at least 5 times. The computer would block up and then tell me the thumb drive didn't have enough memory. Total wrong. I will load the Wineland family on tomorrow. 

I wasn't feeling good today. So, working on the computer helped a little. I had to cut another backing and batting for Debbie as she called this evening to let me know she has a quilt top from Kristi. I took a break and went down to cut the backing and batting. Then I brought it up to wash. It's in the laundry now. 

Patrick is getting set to work with Fred Hutch Cancer Center in Seattle. They called a couple times today. 

When I'm onto getting family history done, then I really don't get to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!



No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...