Friday, May 3, 2024

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and we went around the block 4 times. 

I picked up the puzzle I finished and got it ready to take to mom. Patrick got home from golf about that time. I got laundry going after mom called to say she was getting her machine fixed on Tuesday and wanted to know when we were coming over. Told her about 3:30 pm. she told me what she was doing. Working on her applique block of the month blocks. She's still waiting for her newest block of the month set. 

Patrick worked out in the yard, and I did a few things in the house. Then I played my game. When it was time to leave, we headed to Safeway for a Birthday cake. Instead, we got a cheesecake with strawberries on top. Mom loves strawberries, so I knew that would work. Then we picked her up and headed to Dick's Brewery for supper. I behaved and had a cranberry turkey wrap. Mom had a bratwurst that looked soo good! Patrick did his usual, French Dip. 

We then went back to moms for dessert. It was okay, only because I'm not so crazy about strawberries, or even the strawberry sauce that covered it. We watched the news, when a phone call came in for mom. She was getting them all day long. She said she didn't have time for much because she was dealing with calls. She did tell me she's leaving on Mother's Day to go to be with my niece and her husband. Then they will leave on Thursday to head to OK for my nephews wedding. They will be back the following Monday. Which means mom is going to miss my Birthday YET AGAIN. I swear the family loves to find reasons for my mother to be gone on my Birthday. My nephew is getting married on my Birthday. Sorry, that's not my idea of a good Birthday. But then again, it's better than some Birthday's I've had. lol 

Life is good, I'm still kicking. Unfortunately, I wasn't Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 

Not bad for 89 years old


No comments:

Enjoying The Day!

Today was another one of those days where I could sleep in if I wanted, but it didn't happen. Ron was volunteering at the food bank toda...