Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Lunch With An Old Friend

Patrick went golfing and I got up as he was leaving. I called Ron to walk early because of the weather. We got a good 6 laps in this morning. 

Next thing I needed to do was get laundry in and go out to pick berries. 

Bush was full today. 

And I spend a good hour and 15 mins picking! I didn't get them all because I needed to get ready to meet up with Kim for lunch. I did get 6 1/2 cups of blueberries today though. Took some to Phil. 

Then I was off to see Kim.  Her mom and dad were best friends with mine. Then just before dad passed, they didn't see much of each other. Dian passed away last year or the year before. Kim and I didn't do much together because of the 6 year age difference, I believe. But then we didn't live around here when she was growing up. We chatted a good 2 hours! Filling each other in on what's been going on. Her dad, my mom. It was a good luncheon. We decided to do this once a month so we can get together and keep up the friendship. Looking forward to that. 

Stopped at Dutch Brothers on the way home. Got Patrick and myself a drink. Came home and relaxed the rest of the day. 

I did get some beads in today. I needed them for my ornaments. 

I then put them in the tubes and started working on the word chart for the ornament I'm going to work on. I only got a few lines done when it was time to eat. Had leftovers from lunch time. Then we had some pie and found I don't care for store bought pie crust. Next time I'm making my own! 

Was laughing so much on my game with friends, that I didn't even play much there either! Tomorrow we will be heading back up to Olympia for Patrick's MRI. So, today was putting beads away, not being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...