Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Quilters Day

This morning Patrick helped me get set up for the QOV quilters.  I was getting worried when the hadn't arrived by 9:50 am. Once one arrived they started coming in. We had 6 of us today.

Gail is a member and first timer. It worked out great. Connie,  Kristi,  Val and Gail sewed in the room with the fabrics.  Debbie and I moved around.  I was cutting and ironing most of the day. Debbie made one block. Then she started helping me out. 

Of course I forgot to take pictures,  till everyone left. This is were they sewed with the table in the middle of the room.


At least I can say my sewing area was picked up and looked good after we were done. lol

I sewed 5 blocks that were really easy and actually fun to do. We had lunch that Connie and Kristi provided. Awesome food!

The block we worked on was the floating star. By the time we called it done,  we had 24 blocks. Of those,  20 will make a quilt. Connie was going to work on the left over fabrics for another set. Her and Val are going to a quilt retreat on October. 

Debbie helped me move things back to normal.  Then I called it a day. My chest didn't like me using the rotary cutter. But hey! I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Monday Embroidery

This morning Patrick went golfing and I went to embroidery.  I stopped off at the post office to find it closed. I told someone going in and...