Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Day 2 - Moorea (& Today)

We all got a good sleep and were up around 7 am. We headed over to the restaurant for breakfast. It was a nice breakfast. One of those buffets that had both American and French breakfast stuff. I don't do breakfast, but I did while we were there. I decided on fruit and their pastries. I love the European pastries. Trouble was, Katt is like Phil and they don't do sweets. I tried to tell her their sweets are a lot less sweet than the American sweets. She didn't believe me.  So, I didn't get as much of the pastry foods as I wanted. lol I had more bread there than I have at home. lol 


We went to the museum on the Island. I'm not sure what's going wrong with the photos. I never had this trouble before. Anyway, I will make them bigger so that they don't look worse than they do now. 


Their museum talks about the Eco environment work they are doing. They tell you of the coral and they tell you which ones are poisonous. Of course, they all are. They do an awesome job of keeping their Island Eco Friendly. I found some American foods, but when you eat them, you find they are different. They removed the ingrediencies that banded in Europe and other countries. Even the food dye is banded. It's interesting and fun to see. I was thrilled to see they recycle what they can. 


The swimming pool is bigger than the others we saw. This is a night view. We had reservations for the performance of the dancers. 


Katt was enjoying it as much as we were. She was doing great. But she wouldn't go up and dance with them when they asked her to. lol 


A couple of them I recognized as workers at the hotel. We watched it till they were teaching how to dance like that. I can't move my hips nearly that fast or at all! But it was awesome to see! Well worth it. 

The sun came down off the deck of our room. It was fun to watch the sun going down. We did do some shopping but not a lot. I bought a dress and a shirt that I can wear that is cool and comfortable. 


Today, I was sleeping in. I think I'm back to our schedule. Jet lag wasn't that bad today as I stayed up all day. I only had a call from my doctor, and we chatted about the stuff going on. Frustrating that I get one problem solved and we get another one in the meantime. I made macadamia nut with white chocolate cookies. They turned out really good. I tried cake flour because Patrick said he saw it on GMA and it makes the cookies a little chewer. I thought I would try it and they turned out really good. I haven't been in the mood to work on my crafts. I need to, but just not there yet. So, not Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Day 3 - Moorea (& Today)

Day 3 - I get confused on the days because I was counting the days of travel. But on day 2 we decided to rest and get ready for the hike the...