Getting Ready For Thursday

 Today, I slept in. Really didn't want to get out of bed. 

Once I did, I had a list of things to do. I got started with the laundry. Washed the sheets first, then headed downstairs to get stuff done. Patrick wanted to help with putting new sheets on but told him I was waiting till this afternoon. 

I started to sew the binding on the quilt Debbie finished and realized I was doing it wrong. I needed to fold the fabric in half. For some reason, I ironed it with 1/4" open. That's what I was sewing down, when it donned on me that I needed to fold it in half and then sew it with both pieces of fabric, not one. Once I did that, I was on my way. 


Once I had the binding sewn down, I was able to put it aside to work on the pillowcases that Colleen had for me. I was able to get 6 of them done. 


That will help for Thursday. We need both quilts and pillowcases. Since we didn't meet this month for sewing, the pillowcases didn't get done. I will have to do a few more for the 3rd as well. The ones we have at the museum don't go with anything we have. At least these go with what we have been doing. 

Came upstairs and started to stitch down the binding. I only did about 3/4 of one side. I really wasn't in the mood. 

I worked on laundry all day. Patrick was wanting to help, but he can't lift more than 10#'s to it doesn't help. He just likes to do what he can. 

I worked on cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry. That's a big help but found I was also in need of cleaning the kitty litter like I do every Sunday. So, had to do that. Took the old Air Frier out to the trash because we got a new one. I like it but haven't used it yet. It does take up more room than the other one did. So, put my waffle maker downstairs. 

I was a busy today. Trying to keep Patrick away from doing some stuff and getting what I could done. Tomorrow is embroidery but I will be stitching the binding down instead. 

I have to take the truck to Colleen's and she's taking me to embroidery. Then she's picking me up. I need to get the money to Nancy, so may have to walk over and drop it off. 

At least, I finally got back to going downstairs to work on quilts. I saw the instructions for the flying geese and will work on that next. I need to add that border to the quilt on the wall. It does make for Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

Comments