This morning, we started out early because the nurse came at 8 am.
I played games for a bit. I cut a backing and batting for another top. Then I got a couple loads of laundry done and headed downstairs.
For those of you who haven't followed me from the beginning - This IS common for me to do!
I started with cutting 11" and 8" squares. (It was supposed to be 11" and 9 1/2" squares - just so you know)
Look closely - don't you think I would I realized I needed a bigger white square?! Yea, well didn't.
I marked the fabric.
Went on to sew the fabric - 1/4" on both sides of the pencil. All good! Till I was figuring out how many geese I needed and 20 wasn't enough. Looked at the fabric and realized, I needed more. Colleen doesn't have it. Oh, well.
Cut the line in half. Easy peasy! So far, so good. (Just wait!)
Cut and ironed. Looks great.
Pinned and ready to sew! Easy! I'm in a great mood! This is going great!
Marked and sewed together! WOOHOO!
OH CRAP!! It doesn't come out to 6x8"! What the heck! Read instructions!! I did, and there it was in good easy reading - 9 1/2" square - now, where the heck did I get 8"!!
Okay, deep breath, NOW WHAT?! - deep breath. Oh, I can cut it to the 6" size and that will still work. OMG, am I lucky!
I will work, thank goodness!
I will have to make more, but at least I won't be using up fabric I don't have. Saving on the fabric will give me more. After cutting a few, called it done!
I had to fix the quilt panel as well!
The borders were bowing. So, I had to fix them before adding another border. Yes, I was questioning if I could just keep going, but the more I looked at it the more I wanted to fix it and not take everything apart later. So, I took those stitches out, measured to see if I cut the fabric wrong - nope - and restitched them to make sure they were lined up and not causing trouble.
It's crooked but it's straighter on the sides and will work now. The other way was awful!
I was able to see what the flying geese looked like with this quilt. I do like it but just hope and pray the red will get me through this.
Was I having fun - yep, till I messed up. But then we all know I work by the seat of my pants, and anything can happen. I could blame it on dyslexia - and yes, it could be that too. Or I can blame myself for getting in a hurry and not double checking what I was reading. I want to get this done, but I need to take my time. I believe that's why the border wasn't working for me. Now it is. I quit because I have a tendency to make more mistakes as I go. How am I going to do the flying geese? I don't know. I'm thinking on it. I really don't want it to be geese all the way around. It may end up with some in the middle of the border with the white or blue finishing the border. - Depends on the red fabric. I'm thinking as I go. Easier for me than having a pattern. I think I can say - most of the time I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!
Comments