One More Day

One more day of driving to Olympia. It does get old. And the drivers in Olympia are awful! 

I waited to go up to see Patrick till after 10 am. I needed to go to Kaiser first for blood work. Once that was done - there were 25 people in front of me! - I headed over to see Patrick. He was doing good. There were so many people coming in to see him. He finally told me about his doctor's visits. They are all happy with how fast he is healing. He always was a fast healer. It sounds like he may be coming home this weekend, but I'm hoping they keep him till Monday or Tuesday at least. We walked around the hall, and he was up a couple times. So, he's moving better. His head needs to come up more, but he really is doing great. 

Mom wanted me to come to her place afterwards so we could go to Walmart. She needs a few things for her trip.  I asked if Georgie could go with her and she hummed over that. So, I said I would. I called her from the hospital to tell her I was on my way home. She said great, "see you then." I arrived, went in and said, "are you ready?" NO, she said she wasn't going after all. I asked why and she said she was beat. WHAT?! YOU COULDN'T HAVE TOLD ME THAT BEFORE I GOT THERE?! I didn't say it, but was thinking it. She chatted awhile and walked me to my car chattering. ugh. 

I went to the museum to see if I could get VA papers for Patrick. No such luck, she said he had to be service related. I had to have the paperwork proving it. So, since he got cancer 6 years ago and has been out of the military since 1986, chances are he couldn't prove cancer could have been from Tinker AFB. So, he's out of luck. Unless he wants to file with the VA. Knowing Patrick, he won't. 

Came home to find that 2 veterans scheduled for Saturday cancelled. So, I had to reschedule them and find a replacement for the 2. I think I did pretty good. I am waiting to hear back from one of them. 

Today wasn't my day. Really, seriously, not my day. One thing to another. I'm beat and will call it a night here in a few. I can't even think of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!




Comments