To Olympia & Back

This morning, I was out of bed at 7 am to be up in Olympia by 9 am. I had an appointment with my Gastroenterologist. It was over the liver issue that popped up recently. What fun! While I was there, I asked my doctor about Patrick having a referral and not getting in yet. Told him about his surgery, and he said he would see what he could do for us. As I was leaving, waiting for a follow-up appointment, the gal came in with Patrick's appointment with my doctor. I was tickled to death! I really like my doctor! He's one of the best in my opinion. I've had him for over 10 years because of the IBS, but now it's another issue. Oh, what fun! - (not really)

Had to stop at Safeway and then visit with Phil. We had a good chat. Then I ended up collecting a quilt from the church. I need to get it bound and then we can use it next Thursday. Debbie called to say the fabric she had for the back of the quilt was too thin. So, I picked up DB coffee for her and met her at the house. We changed the backing and she was going to quilt the quilt she has today. That will work for next Thursday. I didn't bother doing the binding for the one I have because it's for an AF veteran and I don't have an AF veteran on Thursday to work with. 

After Debbie left, I came in the computer room to work on genealogy again. I'm finding a lot of my ancestors this time. I added another 100 members to my tree. Some are not direct, but I know I added about 15 to my direct line. I'm going back to the 1600's now. It's interesting. I found some more to my SHEPARD, EATON, GRANT, HAZEN, TRUE and WOOD families. Most are from England. No surprise there! The SHEPARD line is on both mom and dad's side, but I haven't been able to connect them yet. Names look so familiar, but I don't have them on my tree. So, either I've seen them over and over again, or I just can't find them. 

I got a quilt top in today. It's really pretty and it's a panel quilt. I will get the backing and batting set for that this weekend. Have to take Patrick to his doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon - yes - in Olympia. 

Scott came over and chatted with Patrick, so I decided to leave them alone. Patrick doesn't like it when I add my two cents. He wants me to just sit and listen most of the time. I get that "I'm telling the story," attitude and I hate that. So, it's better if I just let them be. 

Nurse comes tomorrow morning at 8 am. So, it's another early morning. Not looking forward to it, but I may just go downstairs or work on the family history in here. Tomorrow will tell what I do. 

Thank you all for reading this blog. You do surprise me. I thought I was boring and after 15 years of writing this, to see so many people looking is kind of you. Thank you for your support. 

I tried but it wasn't Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!



Comments