Trip To The Hospital

 This morning, I slept in. Wasn't ready to get out of bed because it was a long day yesterday. Once I did, I was on the move. 

Went to McD's for breakfast and then Dutch Brothers for tea. I also washed the car since it was across the street. Once all that was done, I headed to Olympia. It's a 45 min drive, so I was glad to see it wasn't crowded. On the way back it was easier to get on the freeway then it was last night. 

Patrick looks great. He's not so "grey" and his coloring is coming back. He's still way to thin, but that will come in time. He's off his chemo till the surgeon says otherwise. I think he should be off it for a good month, but that's just me. We chatted for a while. He was next door to another person who was yelling and getting out of bed with the alarms going off. There was a nurse at his door to keep an eye on him. He wanted to call 911 because "they" were trying to kill him. It pretty much went on the whole time I was there till 3 pm when I left. Found out later, that they moved Patrick to another room, so he didn't have to deal with the noise. He was chatty, I will say that. We talked a good couple hour about what he went through. We were getting texted from family as well. He was in good spirits and showed me his bag. UGH! Then he tells me I will have to be trained on how to help him with it. UGH UGH UGH I don't want to. Chances are I can and then will pass out after. Who knows. Not looking forward to it. 

I left about 2:30 pm and stopped to see mom. She wanted the details. I told her to call him later today. She did. We chatted for a while, and I think she just needed to see me to make sure I was alright. I'm fine. I get asked that, and I'm just riding the middle line. I chatted with my brother when I got home. We laughed at the reply Patrick sent him. Then he asked about me. I told him I'm good. I'm used to being alone and this is okay. I don't need someone to hold my hand or be there. After a while it gets uncomfortable. 

Scott came over and he and I chatted awhile. He will call Patrick tomorrow. I was able to change the bed, get 3 loads of laundry in (mostly bedding) and cooked supper. Once all that was done, I sat and watched the Australian show I've been watching. I must have watched 3 or 4 of them. I couldn't get the TV to go to news because of the Roku. I tried shutting off the TV and turning it back on, but it always came to the Netflix, BritBox, etc. area. I gave up and watched my shows. 

I need to stop at Colleens tomorrow and then head up to see Patrick. I want to get some more laundry done, since I haven't touched it in a few days. It really needs to get done. Phillip said he will go up on Tuesday, so I will take Tuesday off from going up there. I need the break. I want to get a few things done. 

Now it's 10:30 pm and I haven't touched my tablet. I will go on and play for a half hour and then call it a night. I need my beauty sleep LOL! 

It's been a long day, and I couldn't even think about being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


 

Comments