Today Didn't Go As Planned

This morning, I tried to sleep in but Patrick got me up because I needed to go with Debbie to our Lewis County Veterans Administrative Meeting. He took the car, and I realized after he left that the quilts we needed for the presentation were in the car. So, he had to meet us at the courthouse. 

The meeting started at 11 am. We presented what we do for the veterans and let them all know it's all volunteers and the donations we get are for fabrics and the like. We told them it's all on donations. Showed 3 quilts that we have, all panels. Then we talked about what we do. Chip was there for the museum stuff, so it was good to let them know with Chips help we have gotten to the point we are at right now. They took applications. We were allowed to leave, but I wanted to hear some of what they do for veterans. It's really interesting to see all the things they do for our veterans. 

After that we headed to Dutch Brothers for our drinks. After that we went to the museum to get the honey jars that were waiting for us. One of the veterans we gave a quilt to, gave us quart size jars of honey. 

Then we went to eat a Panda. Once we were done there, we headed to the MRI center for Debbie. She went in and came out really fast. I didn't have to wait long. So, but 2:30 pm, I was home. 

When I got home, Patrick and I talked about what we did. Then I watched TV with him and played on the tablet. Really not wanting to do what I had planned to do. 

I KNOW! - I am bad at planning my day! I GET IT! But apparently, I don't. I had originally planned to go with Debbie today, get our drink and come home. Yeah, no, that didn't happen. Then when I got home, I was going to go downstairs and try to work on the quilt top that is on the wall. Yeah, no, that didn't happen. I also wanted to sit in front of the TV and cross stitch for a bit. Yeah, no, that didn't happen. I had even thought I would get cinnamon rolls ready for tomorrow, again, no, that didn't happen. 

When will I learn?! Don't plan your day! Even when appointments get in the way, I think I can plan my day, yeah, right! I don't know how many times I have written on here how I planned my day and it never happened or didn't even get close. 

Tomorrow is another day. Let's see what my brain came up with. When I leave it to my brain half the time, nothing gets done. Thing it will be tomorrow?! Let's see what tomorrow brings. It's a 50/50 chance of me being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


 

Comments