Trying To Relax Today

This morning I was up and showered. Then Patrick showered. While he was getting out of the shower, the nurses arrived to help him out. They were earlier than they said they would be. Which was fine, but I had to eat in the computer room since I hate eating in front of people. They are working of fixing his "leak" that he had over 12 hours. All is well, and he's back on track. 

I was playing my game for a bit and then I went for my walk. I was able to get 6 laps in. I haven't really tried for 7 yet. I'm so into my book that happens to be 20 hours long, that I should have just done one more lap. I am over halfway but have at least 8 more hours to listen to. A heck of a lot going on. It's a Jim Butchler book. I like his books, but this one is really something to keep up with the 4 different directions it's going. 

I had a list of things I wanted to get done today, and started laundry, but that didn't go very far, since I had to put the load in the dryer as I type this. ugh. I took care of the cat litter, then went downstairs to clean up the mess! It really was a mess, and this photo was an afterthought while I was cleaning up. 

I put all the plastic bags away that the little girl yesterday took out of the box (on the table next to the bookshelf). Then I was putting the fabrics away, they were all over the floor. One top of that, I had to cut the batting for the quilt tops ready to be quilted. 


The bags on the table are the 2 tops I need to add a border to. I will do that this weekend if I get the time. I wrote down what I needed to do that. So, I have to find the time to do that and work on the panel quilt on the wall. I did cut the rest of the "flying geese" pieces, and they are ready for the quilt. I will have to decide if I need more. 

Today we had the Panda Express fundraiser, and when I went to get some food, the gal didn't know anything about it, so she had to get the manager. I wasn't going to leave till they put that in for the group. I hope others didn't just leave because she didn't know what to do. 

I spend the evening trying to relax. My brother wanted to know if I had the '71-72 yearbook from Germany. I told him I only had '72-72 & '72-73 yearbooks. I realized after I sent that, that we were not in Germany in '71 and dad's unit closed down. That's when we left for Turkey. I told him we were only there 2 years and not 3 years. I graduated from Ft. Meade, and that's when he came back from German (being in the AF) with his wife. We then drove to AZ where he was stationed, and he put me on a plane for Seattle. I met my Aunt in Seattle. There is so much in the time frame I remember. I wanted to come back to Seattle for the year dad was stationed in Turkey, but he would hear of it. That was probably one of the worst years of my life. Oh, well. 

There is so much I have to do in the next month. I really want it to slow down. But that's not going to happen till after November 11th - Veterans Day. I may want to sleep for a week after all this is done. I need a break. With all that's going on here. 

At least I found time to send 15 minutes of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

Comments