Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Early Morning....Relaxing Now

Today started out at 6 am. I head to the Portland airport to pick Katt up. It was a long drive, with traffic on the way, It went pretty good till just after Longview, WA into Vancouver. It took a little longer than I would have liked, but I made it in time for Katt. I was getting to the elevator by the time she texted me. On the way back, we stopped at McDonald's in Kelso for her breakfast.

We got back at a good time. I was able to sit and quilt.


This is pretty much the last part of quilt that needs quilting. Then I can quilt around the edge and border. If I keep this up, I can get it ready by Thursday. Even if I'm sewing the binding down on Thursday or Friday, I can get it to Rita by Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I need to work on the block for the group Thursday, and am thinking I will take a break from quilting to applique the block down. Once that's done I can finish up the quilt and have both of them ready for Thursday.

I've been pretty lucky the last couple days, and have been able to get a lot done. I can't complain how the week has been going...yet. I showed Katt her quilt top and showed the orange I have for it. Now that I know she wants 2" of orange and 5" of black for her borders, I can get moving on that quilt.


Just a reminder of what quilt top I'm talking about. This part of the quilt top is done.

Right now I'm enjoying my time with Charlie in my lap and Harley playing with Patrick. The funny part is....Charlie isn't giving Harley the time of day! She hasn't hissed yet. Woo Hoo.

Just "chillin'" and getting ready to get moving on the applique, will go fast. Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...