Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Day 2 of BDEIG Seminar in Portland, OR

This morning I thought I could sleep in a little before heading out - or better yet hanging out. I didn't have classes today. I set my alarm for 6:30 am but everyone was up and heading out by that time so I was actually up at 6:00 am. Not much sleep, but then again, I usually don't get much sleep at retreats. Plus I've been asked to help one of my roomies and that takes some time from what I want to get done by the end of the night. My roomie has been so busy that she actually needs all the help she can get.

Anyway, I didn't do the breakfast. I didn't want the pancakes or eggs. It's kinda funny because Jeannette was telling me it wasn't worth going to anyway. Sandy had texted me saying she was riding the bike and would be back soon. That was around 8 am and I missed it. I found it on my phone about 9 am and told her to come on up. We had a very good visit. Chatted about everything.

Then lunch came and we had a pretty good meal. I came back here, while Sandy and Jeannette went to their classes. Poor Jeannette, she was in a class over her head. She took the class because she liked what they offered without realizing it was a high level class.

I came back and worked on my handanger.


It's actually coming along a lot better than the fabric I was using. I'm happy with this and will be caught up before too long. I really do want to do this!


Then I remembered we had a kit to do a fairy and hang it up. I decided to try and see if I could do one that would be nice enough to be voted on. Voting will be on Friday I think. We have to have them done by Friday, so it's going to be interesting if we do. I'm not too worried about it.


I worked on the wings and I think I'm going to add beads or more glitter to it before I put it on the fairy. I'm still thinking as I go. Should be interesting to see if I can do this. If I can, it will encourage me to do more designs of my own.

We had supper and I was amazed at the cook! I chatted with him last night and told him I couldn't do potatoes and carrots. Plus no carbs at night. WELL, the meal had carrots in the veggies, carrots in he salad, and fried potatoes! So, I had 3 pieces of roast, a "salad" that was ONLY lettuce. I did get some banana pudding. Guess you guessed right, I snacked!!


After dinner one of the teachers was going to teach how she makes little fairies! They are so cute! So while we waited for the teacher one of the gals had this on the table. Her sister put this in her bed with a note and something else. So, she's been carrying it around. He's really cute!


Took these photos for Sandy.

We went around to everyone's room and put some cards under doors. Then came back - around 10:30 pm. it's now midnight and I'm going to call it good.

Happy Stitching - Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...