Monday, August 20, 2018

Spent The Day With Mom, Quilting!

This morning I had just gotten out of my shower, and mom called. She wanted to know if I would like to come over and quilt. I was game for that!

I chatted with Cherry before I left. Then I was out the door and off to moms! Arrived with my cucumber, tomato, and olive salad. As well as my nacho chips. I wanted to do nachos for lunch. I was going to give her half my salad, but then I forgot it at her house. So, I guess I'll have to make another batch for me. They are all from Patrick's garden except for the olives.

We watched a couple movies and chatted. We also worked on our quilts. I have the black and white quilt at moms so I can quilt on it while I'm there.


I worked a lot around the side of the quilt. I'm working it so I can get my lines to go across the quilt. I was surprised that I didn't get to work my way across the quilt. At least I'm working it so I can start going across the quilt again. It's actually coming around nicely.

Came home around 3 pm and enjoyed Sophie. On the way home, it was so smoggy because of the fires all around us! We are getting it from White Pass, Canada and east of Seattle. It's a very cloudy, smoggy day for the last week.


Even though we reach 80 degrees, it's awful! Patrick is having a hard time breathing at times. He's been coughing off and on through the day. We are supposed to reach 90 degrees in the next day or two, but with all this smog, I'm not sure if we will. The sun hasn't broken through in a long time. I wish it would rain, but we aren't supposed to get that anytime soon.

So, after dinner, I pulled out my cross stitching.


I added some gold color to the sewing machine, worked on the table cloth and the quilt. I also worked a little on the top of the circle. I didn't add the white yet. I figure I will do that another time. I wanted to get more done with the quilt. I also need to work on the ribbon on the right side. So, there is a lot to do, but it's coming along. I'm happy with the piece so far.

In looking where my thread catchers were, I couldn't find my yellow/gold leaf, so I think I've lost it. I thought I took it with me to Katt's but it wasn't there when we got there. I haven't found it in the house, so somewhere along the way, it fell out and is gone. I'll just use one of my others. Like in this case, I have a Seahawk button one. I like my other Seahawk better, but both are awesome.

Today was the first day I felt "normal" and enjoyed the day. That's a good thing. At least I have my crafts and my cat. That keeps me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...