Monday, October 15, 2018

Today Was One of Those Fast Day

When I mean fast, I mean the day flew by. I started out early and ended up slowing down just after supper time. I couldn't believe my day!!

It all started out with getting up at 7 am to be at the doctors by 8 am. Trouble was, I thought I was due at the appointment at 8:45 am instead of 8 am. Then my phone went off, and I checked the calendar to see that I got the 2 appointments wrong!! I looked at the one for next week. UGH. I wanted to get my packages packed up and take them to the post office, but that didn't happen. I ran out the door! I got to the doctors office 5 mins late and was ticked I couldn't call, because they don't answer phone calls till 8:30 am. I got lucky, my doctor was late too. I will need to get more message therapy on my neck, because I have arthritis in my neck. Then I also have to get a biopsy on the spot on my right arm. UGH. I have other issues, but we are working on them. I got the arthritis from dad, I'm betting, he also had it in his neck.

Then it was time to go to the post office and get one of my packages off in the mail. I had them double check the fee and they said eBay gives a discount on packages. So, that's a good thing, I think.

Got home and sat down, but not for long. I had to get moving on supper. I wanted to make a chicken noodle soup. So, I got that the chicken and water going (with spices). I then got to my eBay account to see what sold. Then I put them in packages and put them out in the mailbox. I was lucky they fit. All four filled the box up. Next was getting laundry going. Then I got some bread going to go with it.

Faye showed up to pick up the quilt for Bill to quilt. She's dropping both mine and hers off tomorrow. If he gets them done by Thursday then I'll go and pick them up, if not, she'll get them next week. We went over what we have for our group. We were talking about having a presentation at our next meeting date. I gave her a couple labels to go on her quilts. Then we talked about who we have to award. There were a couple people I needed to check on. So, I called one, and found out they already received their quilt. Then I sent another email asking if they received their quilt and if they could keep our meeting date open if we have a quilt. Haven't heard from that person. I have 3 that need to be awarded and we need to get the oldest first.

Once all that was done, it was time to get the chicken soup fixed. I cut the chicken and got the noodles going. Then I put the bread in the oven. I also worked on a dessert for later. It's a chocolate one. It was okay, with oatmeal. It reminded me of the date bars. I like the date bars a little better.

Patrick came home and gave me the package that came for me. It was a sample of our label!! I was so excited.


I'm thinking it's a little big. So, I ordered another sample to see if the smaller size will work better. I love the way it came out. Phil did an awesome job with this for us. If the other one comes back better than I'm going to order a yard of the samples for everyone.

I then decided to sit down and get some work done. I pulled out the cross stitch to try and get it caught up!


It's looking good. I'm getting done with September and starting on Oct. I do have a few stitches into Oct's part. I just need to finish up the bottom and then I'll have Sept's part done. I'm really excited to getting this done.

Before I knew it, it was 9:30 pm! The day was gone before I could do anything I wanted to do. I'm okay with that, because today was a good day. Have you ever had a busy day where the time went so fast? Get a lot done? At least I got back to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...