Thursday, December 26, 2019

Hope All Had An Awesome Christmas!!

I took yesterday off. I wanted to blog but then got busy. It was an awesome Christmas for us! I hope it was just as great for you!

Yesterday I baked some rolls for supper. It was just mom, Patrick and I. I do miss not being able to spend Christmas with my kids, but they have there world to be in.

I did get some awesome gifts. Phil and Emily gave me a quilter's mat and rotary cutter. They also gave me some potholders that they made!! I love them! It's so cool to get a handmade gift. I'm almost thinking Patrick was wrong about an ornament that I made. I wanted to make one for them but he didn't think they would like that. I may do one for them next year, if they want one - not sure. I also got a ring from mom. That was a shock! Katt gave me some baking stuff - which is awesome! It's for my bread baking! She also gave me some slippers that I love! Been wearing them ever since I got them. Patrick and I are doing a gift together and are still working on what we want.


I baked them in the pan that Kim gave me for Christmas. I love this pan! It's perfect. I should have cut the rolls down, but I didn't want to have extra so made them all in this set of 6. Mom, Patrick and I played games before and after supper. We had an awesome meal. Patrick was disappointed with the Prime Rib that we got from Costco. I was pretty happy with it.

Today we were up and decided to take a drive. We took our new car and headed up to Olympia.


We went to the Tumwater Falls. We wanted to see all that water coming down the falls. We had so much water the last week, that with the overflow, it makes the falls that much more beautiful.


It looks like they are starting a lock gate. It was fun to see all those locks. I may have to think about that next time we go up there.


I made Patrick sit at one of the falls. We were having fun taking photos and enjoying the walk. It's a fun walk to take. There is a lot of history there and it's fun to see what used to be there.


It was cold, but I did sit and get my photo taken. I think it turned out half way decent.


We came back home and I got back to working on Kim's ornament. I finished the white cat and started another one. I had part of the white one done yesterday, so I tried to make up for time. I was able to finish it. I love the way it went! I'm really liking this. It turned out better then mine! I'm getting closer to getting this done!

Patrick was bowling tonight and I was working on the cat. I even had Sophie on my lap for awhile. When she sleeps on my lap, I'm working on the tablet and watching TV.

It's been an awesome 2 days of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...