Thursday, May 18, 2023

Presentation & Meeting Day

We were having a meeting this morning at 9 am. Chip was a little late to let us in. No worries. I had to leave early to go to Safeway and then get our drinks at Dutch Brothers. I was the first one there, then Smiley arrived. We chatted for awhile before Debbie and Connie came. Once they arrived, everyone started coming in one after the other. Mom and Nancy were running a little late. 

We got our meeting going. Letting everyone know we were short on money for our group. Then my mother ended up talking to mom on the phone. She went into the bathroom while we had our meeting. She asked my younger brother for a donation. He agreed. Then she called my older brother and told him that our younger brother donated to our group - so he did too. I had to walk my older brother through to do it online. My younger brother is sending a check. All's good. When we had our potluck, Kaylee came up with another donation that came in the mail. So, by the time we were done today, we had $800. Since it was my Birthday I got a few gifts. Debbie brought me a Birthday cake. Loved her card! Diane D brought me some stuff to make a Smith and Curns (sp). Even the whipping cream! I was to thankful to her. She's a sweetheart. The potluck was great. After that, we got everything ready for presentation. 

Presentation went good. I was signing some quilts before the presentation was done and realized that doesn't work. It interrupts others. So, that won't happen again. 

JAIME WRESINSKI NAVY 1988 - 1992

ERNEST STUKES ARMY 1973 - 1977 VIETNAM ERA

MIKE RICKERT NAVY 1972 -1980 VIETNAM ERA

MICKEY WILKINS ARMY 1966 - 1974 VIETNAM ERA

JEREMEY CLINE ARMY 1991 - 1994

MISTY CLINE NAVY 1997 - 2000

ANDREW HARDIN ARMY 2007 - 2016

AARON PATRICK ARMY 2001 - 2006

Not in that order, but those are the people above. 


They asked for all our group to join them in a photo. I'm in the back on the right side (4th to the left). It was a good group today. We did miss one person. We are also getting behind on quilts. So, I'm going to have to get moving and make a quilt for more veterans. I have a quilt panel that I need to make for Carol's friend. Then more for our veterans.

I couldn't have asked for a better Birthday today. I saw my son after the presentation. I was able to honor our veterans and give away quilts. What is better than that?!  Unfortunately I wasn't able to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...