Today I couldn't get up till around 10 am. I'm wondering if I'm a little depressed over not doing anything or able to work on my crafts. I also wondered if it has to do with all the stuff going on with Patrick. I don't know.
I did work on laundry all day. Got a lot done. Then I decided to do a Cinnamon Babka bread.
This is what happens when you do pay attention to your instincts! I had Patrick helping me. WRONG! I wanted to make it for tomorrow but had trouble from the start. I didn't have powdered milk - no big deal. It was only a tablespoon. So, I used milk instead. I had the dough looking good. I actually worked the laying out part like it said. I added the filling and had Patrick add the nuts. No big deal. Told him to roll it like the cinnamon rolls we do and NOT cut it like cinnamon rolls. That didn't work, he cut it in half and asked what size I wanted them. GRRRR I told him it wasn't supposed to get cut that way and to cut it in half down the roll. So, I did that with 2 parts. I needed to get them back together, but that was a joke. One part was fat and the other was skinny. I did what I could to get it right. Then told him to put it in the bread pan. He got it in. We did the topping and put it on. Let it raise, all's good right?! NOPE. Put it in the oven. Then I was smelling burning in the oven. Well, the crumb mix was dripping off the top. Okay, I need to clean my oven, no big deal. I set the timer. 40 minutes. It said 40-50 minutes and sometimes our oven is a little on the hot side. Not this case! I checked it, added time to the timer. Patrick is looking in the oven to see if it's done yet. Told him it wasn't. I then set the timer again and noticed there was another timer going. Asked Patrick if he knew what it was because I set a 7-minute timer. He didn't. Went down the hall and he's looking in the oven and asking if it's done yet because it's getting dark on the top. Told him to get out of the oven and let it bake. I checked just in case. Set the time for another 5 minutes. OMG!!! It was closer and looked okay to take out - NOT listening to myself of - it's still not done! - So, I had Patrick take it out. It started sinking!! I decided to wait 5 minutes before taking it out of the pan. I worked it, got it out and it fall apart! I wanted to get it back in the pan and cook it longer, but Patrick said no, it was fine. YEAH RIGHT! Dough that wasn't cooked was right in front of our faces. He decides he's going to eat it anyway. OMG! Seriously! I gave up and call it done. I wanted it for tomorrow and it didn't happen. Now I don't have bread to take with me, and I don't have the time to try again. Yet, Patrick is going to eat it anyway! Look at the photo! Can't we all tell it didn't come out right?!
I went to my tablet and played my game. Mad at myself for listening to Patrick telling me it was time to take the bread out. I was made because I was hot and tired. I am still mad because it didn't work out and now I can't take what I wanted to moms for the group. Frustrated that I let myself get mad. I hate it when I have someone looking over my shoulders and telling me how to cook my breads. I can do it fine myself. UGH
So, wrong day to do bread, wrong day to work on anything BUT laundry and wrong day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:
Post a Comment