Friday, August 7, 2026

Day 5 - Moorea (& Today)

 Since we were a little sore from the day before, we spent most of the day at the resort. We played in the pool; I worked on my beading and just relaxed. 

I did shop and get a black pearl necklace and earrings. They are really pretty. I didn't go for the most expensive and I didn't buy the cheapest. I also got a 10% discount. Katt and I were talking about how that was the best place to buy them, and not off the side of the road. 


We ate at the bar. I had something close to fried rice for lunch. It had shrimp. The trouble with that was two of them still had the eyes and tail. I wasn't too thrilled to see the eyes. It seemed to have better food. It was funny though. We always wound up sitting at the same table. Since it was our last day there, we wanted to swim more but the clouds rolled in, and it was more humidity than the warm sun. We just relaxed and chatted.  

For dinner, we did ask to be in another area. The wind was blowing, and it got interesting for a bit. 


For dinner, I order the rice with chicken, and it turned out really, really good. Had a coconut cream to it. 


They had "happy hour" and I got a non-acholic drink. Katt and Patrick got an acholic drink. It was really good! Mine had coconut and strawberries. I don't care for strawberries, but this was really good. Almost like a smoothy. 


Today - What a Day! I was playing my games. Then I went down to iron my pants. Once I was done with that, I called the cardiologist to get an appointment. Because I have concerns and some "symptoms" they wanted to get me in soon. It took me an hour to get the appointment. Between waiting in line and talking to the nurse, they finally got me an appointment. By that time it was time to go to Olympia for my Oncology appointment. We chatted for a bit and talked about our trips - she went to Tiwon (sp). She said she got covid one the flight back. I told Patrick he needed to get tested when we got home. He did, and HAS COVID! I tested and was negative. That sucks. So, he let Scott and Katt know. I had to let Kathleen know at the fair and mom since I went to see her. Moms freaking out. I told her not to worry till she gets symptoms. It's a waiting game for me. If I have it, then I need to let everyone else know I have it. What a pain! Told Patrick I didn't want to sleep with him so I would be less likely to get it. He thinks I've already got the symptoms, so we will see. UGH


This is the bracelet I was working on on the trip. I need to add more beads before I can braid it more. I need another inch or two. 


This is the piece that beat my embroidery work. It's really pretty, but it needed to be in another category. Susy Carpenter does a beautiful job. She loves to applique. There isn't a lot of embroidery, but it works. Applique is stitching. And it's framed. She got the grand prize as well. 

I put some of my beads on the table to get started back on Sophie's piece. I will try and get a few stitches in on that tomorrow. Now that I don't have much to do. At least you know, while I was away, I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

No comments:

Day 5 - Moorea (& Today)

 Since we were a little sore from the day before, we spent most of the day at the resort. We played in the pool; I worked on my beading and ...