Mom's House For Embroidery - OOPS! Quilt Stuff
This morning, I had my list of things to do before heading to moms. I left early enough to end up at her house 30 mins early. Oh, well.
I went to the credit union to find out why my little account was being wiped out. Come to find out, even though I told PayPal to put it on my credit card, they were taking it out of my bank account. So, I reminded myself to fix that when I got home.
Mom was working on the Forest Galorest Quilt. AGAIN, I would NOT buy this pattern ever again. It's written so bad, it was so hard to figure it out and we ended up figuring out what we needed to do. Mom was complaining that the eyes weren't on the animals. At least the ones on the border. So, I went and cut the eyes out and appliqued them on. I didn't get a photo of after, but this was before.
I forgot to get the bear eyes, so will work on that next time I go. I had the rabbit eye on wrong, took it out, and put it where it needed to be. The squirrels also needed eyes. Then the raccoon was missing eyes, and that went on as well. Kept me busy.
Then they pulled out the quilt for my nephew. They asked how they could do it, and I told them. Then they didn't like what I had to say, and we had a little argument going back and forth. Thankfully Bonnie brought up what I was trying to say.
They originally wanted to do this. I had to try and square up the center, but that was hard and is still a little off. The more we argued the more we decided to cut off the flag fabric on the panel. Then we couldn't get the pinwheels to work out, so we decided not to use them.
We ended up with this idea. Using the side panel, they wanted to use and adding the red blocks at the top and bottom. The grey will be the sashing part. We talked about what she needed to do, and mom decided she wasn't going to do it till she comes back from OK. That's fine with me. Bonnie was laughing and said, "Why don't you sew it up while you're at it?" She felt me. I felt like they wanted me to do all the work. Just use their ideas.
Mom and I went out for lunch. Then came home and ate it. She loves the Firehouse Subs and I will agree, they are better than Subway.
Came home. I had to go back to moms to pick up my cross stitching - that I didn't get to do. It's almost as bad as it was when I was going to quilting on Fridays. Deep breath.
Once I was home, I just relaxed and enjoyed Sophie for a bit. Then after supper I pulled my tablet out and played on it. I have things I could do but haven't.
Alice texted today to say she has 3 tables available for September 25th & 26th Garage Sale. Told her we will take them. We need to get that stuff sold and out of Connie's house.
Now I'm done for the day. Busier than I thought. I wasn't able to do my own Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!





Comments