Up To Olympia And Back

This morning, I wanted to be up to see Patrick early. So, I was out the door by 9:00 am. I was supposed to stop at the church but forgot. I headed to Safeway for a doughnut and got one for Patrick as well. Wonder if he will want another one tomorrow. I stopped and got some iced tea at Dutch Brothers then headed up there. 

I hate driving up there, but I've been pretty lucky so far. Some of the drivers don't want to let me in, but I get there anyway. I hate driving like that. 

Patrick looked good and was resting. He's able to get up by himself and go to the bathroom. He's walked the floor 2 xs by the time I got there. I had a 10 min issue with finding a parking spot. Decided to go to the garage which is really far away from the entrance. At least I get my walking in by doing that. The vac was there in his room. They have to train him on how to use it. I think they said it will be 3 weeks with that. I do know a nurse is going to be coming to the house as well. I was up there for about 2 1/2 hours before he started to get tired and there wasn't much to say. 

Headed home. I had to stop at Safeway on my way home. I realized this morning the bleach spray we use was empty in 2 of the 3 bottles. So, I had to pick up 2 more. I picked up milk for Patrick when he got home. I will end up getting rid of the milk in the fridge before he gets back, unless I use it. Trouble is my stomach doesn't care for milk. I usually use almond milk. I need to find out what milk I can use in replacement of milk when doing my white gravy. 

I was on my way back home when I realized I forgot about the quilt and stopped in at the church. I got the quilt which was done. Then went to Burger King for a burger. That was about 2:30 pm. I was full the rest of the day, so didn't have supper. Unloaded everything. Then I sat to eat. Once that was done, I cut the tomatoes, green pepper (from the garden) and added garlic and onion to roast. 

It came out pretty good. I then put that in a pot to cook some more after I took the skins off the tomatoes. While that was roasting, I beaded another row on the cat. 

The green collar is starting to show. But that gave me some time before I had to cook the tomatoes into a sauce. I added the spices after it was ready. 

It tasted pretty good. So, I let it cool and then froze it. Had enough for 2 serving with Patrick and I. 

Then I shredded the zucchini I had (2 big ones). I had 4 bags go outside to the freezer and the other bag went into the refrigerator to make zucchini bread when I know Patrick will be on his way home. He's been asking for it ever since he went into the hospital. Drives me crazy! 

With all that done, I put the 2 quilts in the back room. They need to be signed on the back, and then the one I got today, I will take with me to the presentation to see who can do the binding. 

I was cooking, cleaning, and driving most of the day. It didn't give me much time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

Comments