This morning, I was able to sleep in. At 3 am, I took some night meds to see if I could get my ear to clear a little better. Then I went back to sleep to wake up at 9:20 am. Felt good though.
I decided to do some bread baking. I wanted to try a couple of things that I saw on TikTok or Instagram. I liked the new way of getting a design on a bread roll. I even thought of doing a couple others, but that can wait.
I should know better than to get Patrick to help, but I did. He did the shaping and a couple came out right, but he was doing it a little different from what was shown. He did what works for him and not what I was looking for.
We had 9 total. This is the bigger ones we did. He didn't tuck the ends down. But they did turn out tasty. I used a base recipe for my Christmas Star bread and used that on these.
Then I decided to take a break and just enjoy working on my cross stitching. I was able to fill in a few spots that were open and I worked on the top area. It's a little bit of confetti and hard to keep the threads when I'm done stitching 5 stitches. So, I put the extra thread next to the numbers (like what you see on the bottom) so that I have them when I need them. I just hope they will stay there and not come out. One step at a time. UGH I do like working on this, but the colors are so dark. I wanted more brighter colors. It is what it is and I'm getting there. I do like this kit the more I do, it's fun to do. So, between baking and stitching - it was a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!
Comments