The Day Started Out Slowly

This morning, I was up and dinking around. I knew Phil was coming later in the day. 

I went downstairs and cut backing and batting for 2 quilts. I did cut backing for 2 but need to cut batting for those 2. I washed the backing and now they are ready for a quilter, once I get the other 2 battings cut. 

I played my war game at 1 pm with my group. It was a tight game, and I think we did lose at the last minute. I need to get my castle on that group higher.  

Phil arrived when the game was done, so we had a good visit. We went out to the garden, and he took a lot of stuff home. Including the tomatoes. I got just as many and roasted them for our next batch of tomato sauce. I had about 6 made from the last 2 batches, but Patrick has gone through 3 of them already. So, we are going to make more. I peeled the skins and then blended them. I will cook it tomorrow to thicken it. Plus, add the seasonings. Used the last of my peppers. 


Had a gal stop by one her way home from work. She's a veteran and wanted to help with getting quilts and stuff for us. She wants to help. We talked a good hour and Debbie was here too. She had her daughter with her. Her little girl is about 15 months. She's busy too. So, tomorrow I will be spending time downstairs cleaning up my area and putting stuff away, as well as cutting the batting for those 2 quilts I missed. I may even try to figure out what border to add to those two quilt tops I have. That will give me 2 more quilts. Debbie took a panel quilt home to quilt. I think she's getting back into quilting with her machine. If she is, then we can get more tops done faster. 

Now it's time to call it a day. I'm done and wasn't that close to Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 


Comments