Thursday, November 30, 2017

A Day Behind - Two Days In One

Okay, ended up calling it a night last night before I could get my blog written, so here's two days in one! Again.

YESTERDAY -

It was a half way good day yesterday. I visited with Cherrill in the morning - and as I walked home my phone told me I was supposed to be at my message therapy. So, I called Cameron to see if I was supposed to be there, thinking I had another hour....yep! I was supposed to be there. He checked the calendar and said if I could get there in the next few minutes, then he will have time to do me since his next appointment wasn't till 11:30 am. (It was 10 am). So, I said, "I'm out the door and on my way in 2 mins." Arrived about 5 mins late for my appointment. Got in right away, but he had to clean up the station before I could get my message. That was fine. It turned out great.

Came back home and pulled out the cross stitch to get a few stitches in. Didn't get a lot but was able to get some in.


I was able to get the shoulder done, and started on the back of the neck. I'm now working more in the hair.

Then it was time to go bowling. I bowled a 178, 181, 143. That didn't help - went down a pin in average. At least we won all 4 games, really not sure how since Patrick wasn't doing so good. But the guy bowling on the other team who's as good as Patrick wasn't doing good either.

Had a great day after all.

TODAY -

I didn't have to go to Cherrill's today. So, I slept in. Not late - only till 8 am. I needed it. Just couldn't get myself to get up.

Once I was up and moving around, I played some games. Then I got up and started working on baking Sourdough bread. It turned out awesome!

One of my better sourdough breads. Then I put in a turkey roast so we could have turkey on toast. Patrick had the turkey and toast separate, but I did the turkey on top of the bread. It was awesome!

I was going to give this one to our neighbors, but since he didn't show up, we cut this one and I cooked the other one after dinner. So, he got it fresh out of the oven. I texted him and he came over about 3 mins before it came out of the oven. Then he sniffed it all the way home. LOL

While the bread was cooking, I pulled out the Black and White quilt to work on. I quilted quiet a bit, and decided I'm going to have to go "cross ways" with the quilting.


So, right now I'm just going one way for about 6 to 8 rows and then will turn and go the other way later.


I'm having fun with this - hard to believe. I guess I'd rather quilt then do the other work. Good for me, because I have a LOT of quilt tops that need to be quilted.


And as always, I like the back the best. I always use a sheet on the back. I also love solid colors on the back. It gets too busy for me when it's flowery or busy. I just like to be able to see the quilting. Plus I think I do a good enough job on quilting that it's worth looking at.

I also worked on the family genealogy. I was able to add a few more names to our family. Now I have Funck added to my family tree. Interesting, we knew a few Funk's in the military and it's interesting that we connect to them. But then if one really thinks about it, we're all related in some way.

What I'll do tonight - not sure. Exercise for my hip, yes. After that, who knows. May pick up the cross stitch and get more done there. I did at least an hour on quilting - actually about 3 hours.

Life is good, Life is busy, and I'm still here. That's saying something! LOL (NO, there isn't anything wrong with me medically - yet - I just think it's awesome I'm still alive! LOL) I've tried a few times to kill myself - by accident. So, far I'm good!

While I can and while I'm still here, I'm glad to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...