Friday, May 18, 2018

A Good Day Of Quilting!

🎵Happy Birthday, to me, Happy Birthday to me! 🎵

This morning I was up early to head out to moms. I got a free drink or food from Starbucks, so I went there and got myself a breakfast sandwich on them. I also got mom and me a Chai tea. Mom likes vanilla and I usually go for the cinnamon.

Got to moms by 8:30 am. I helped her with the coffee for everyone to come over. We had 7 of us there today. Nancy had a new hair cut. I was surprised she cut all her hair off. lol


I worked on Katt's Black and White quilt. I took a photo of what I had done to show Katt. I was telling her when she called that I was about 1/3 done. The more I look at it, I think it's only 1/4 done. She was happy at just the thought that I was working on it. Who knows, it may get to her by Christmas, but not counting my chickens just yet! While we were quilting I got a call from my brother and daughter wishing me a Happy Birthday. I really loved hearing from both of them!


Mom left for a little bit to go get Daisy. She was at the groomers and she was excited when she got back home. She had to check everyone out and then had to climb up on my lap.

We did good today. After everyone left, we came here. We were waiting on Patrick to get off work. Then we headed down to Longview to Panera Bread. I liked it for dinner tonight. I didn't want to eat seafood, just wasn't in the mood for it. Plus I think it's going to be hard taking mom there without dad. We then took mom back home. Mom and I got a little teary when I left. It is hard but we are getting through this.

While I was looking at my texts, I found this photo.


Made me smile! It's a photo my sister-in-law took. It was at the "farm" on Zenkner Valley. My folks had all these cats show up at their door for food. I think we counted 25 when this photo was taken. Hard to believe that was about 10 years ago. Most, if not all, where strays. They had to collect them and take them in before they sold the house.

And life moves on.

I had an awesome day. I even showed mom her family tree. She was also interested in dad's side. It was so much fun to show her.

So, I actually got some quilting done! I'm so thrilled that I was able to get more done on the quilt. It's looking good! What fun!

So, how was your day today? Have a great day?

I could hear my father saying to me, "Nah, your not that old, your only 29, so I'm not that old." I may be getting older - but I'm still Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...