This week has been interesting! I went downstairs and pulled out all my blocks that need applique work. I pulled out the Affairs of the Heart blocks, and counted 31. So, I went through the bags I have to work on more blocks, to find one missing. Right now, I'm not going to worry about it, as I can always do a block when I need it.
I also found the Chickadee pattern from the Seabeck Retreat. I didn't have a lot done, so I thought I better pull it out and try to finish it as well. The pattern is called Chickadees in the Willows, but Judith Peckham. Her pattern is a good back basting technique in applique. It's really quick and easy.
I've still got another branch to add and then I can finish up the heads of both birds. I decided to go different and use yellow to orange in the birds. The background fabric is a Japanese style print that has a mountain and sky to it. What I will do with it when I'm finished is another guess. I just get tired of seeing unfinished projects on my table.
I also pulled out my Baltimore Liberty quilt blocks (from 3P's) I'm slowly getting those two blocks done.