Friday, February 26, 2016

A Visit With Jeannie Austin!

Today I was up and walking with Ruth. We got in 2 miles. I'm getting better at getting more steps in.

I went over to the quilt show at the Christian School in Centralia. Had a great time and visited with Jeannie Austin. Showed her what I was doing on the eagle block. She loves the colors I used for the wings.


I'm working on the post, then I can get the body of the eagle done. I'm hoping to have it done here pretty soon so Donna can get a quilt put together with all those stars.


This is the latest quilt mom finished. It looks prettier up close. It turned out great.


This is Jeannie Austin's quilt - both of them actually.


I love the eagle in the middle and am planning on doing that in one of my quilts.


While we were at the quilt show, Donna found this book of 1911-15 newspaper patterns. The ones on the top where applique. It cost me $30 but got mom to go in with me on it. I went through the patterns when I got home! The best part is most of them are embroidery patterns that I can use in my Brazilian embroidery! This is going to be fun!


One of the other quilters was telling me her Aunt saved a lot of these and she has those. She said she will gladly give them to me. I told her I'm a history buff. I love to see what they did years ago. This is going to be fun! I can think of a ton of designs to make! This will get me to do designing yet!

Tonight is going to be working on the eagle. Unless I change my mind and work on the Cat Nap. I do need to get that done as well. Asked Patrick if he has plans for the weekend. So far, no, but I do think we will be going to the movies. I do want to get back down there and quilt again this weekend.

Time will tell...time sure does go fast....I have tons of things I want to do...I'm getting there SLOWLY.

I was checking on the classes and stuff at "Seminar" for Brazilian embroidery and it's going to cost me about $700. UGH BUT I think it will be worth it. We'll talk about it on Monday at our meeting. I am taking a couple afternoon or morning off, to work on what I'm learning. I need to SAVE my money so I can have some extra to buy stuff with....lol

Okay, it's time to get my exercises in for the day. Excited about getting back to Happy Quilting!

An Interesting Day Before Thanksgiving

Usually today is prep day. But this year we are going to my parents for Thanksgiving because dad wanted to do the turkey. I'll miss not ...