Sunday, February 28, 2016

An Awesome Weekend of Quilting!

This morning I was up and playing - my usual thing on the weekends. Enjoyed the peace and quiet while Patrick slept! (smiling)

In the afternoon, I heated up the fireplace downstairs. John Wayne's movie "The Quiet Man" was on and I love that movie! Put it on downstairs and Patrick joined me while I quilted.


First things first. I had to roll the quilt! I was so thrilled to be able to roll this. I took off the "claps" at the ends and took a photo before I rolled it.


I worked on the left side and quilted this area. Once can see the center on the right to see how much I rolled it. Still not done with the center - BUT I'M CLOSE!! I'm getting excited about all this!


I was finishing up the small square area. I also worked on the green area on the left. I started on the green area on the top left. It's coming along great. I should be able to get that done tomorrow and then I can finally claim to have the center done. I was looking at the rolls and I'm close to the bottom! There was about 1 1/2 rolls on the back bars. That means I'm really close to getting this quilt done! After 4 years on this frame it will be great to finally get it done. I worked on the butterflies in the upper photo. I found it didn't take too much thinking to decide on the patterns for those. It was a lot easier than I thought thinking of a design for the next butterfly.

I worked on the 2 fabric applique a little last night. I really didn't do much on there, so didn't take a photo of it.

I found myself trying to figure out why my photos where coming out on the yellow when I was taking photos downstairs. It was driving me crazy, so I pulled out my filters. THEN I realized I took off the filter that works for downstairs. I put the filter back on. I have two filters on it right now. Drove me nuts, because I thought I had the filter on it, but they were coming in yellow! Guess I need to pay more attention to what I'm doing with my camera!

Bowling tonight was a little better. I got a 507 series, not the best but I was consistent tonight. I missed some easy spares but I was doing better on my bowling. I'll keep working on it and hopefully get back to those 200 games. We won all 4 games tonight.

I was reading Karen's post at the bowling alley tonight and couldn't believe what I read! She will be away from blogging and sewing for a while because of her eye! I wish her all the best and hope her eye heals quickly!

I was checking out TAS' facebook page and one of the gals is doing the "Love Letters" quilt. I just love that quilt! She's doing awesome and now I think I'm going to add that to my "wish list." Yep! Another thing to add to my wish list! UGH.....oh, well....Happy Quilting!

QOV Quilts

Donna has been awesome getting quilts done for QOV! Quilts of Valor quilts are for veterans. Here is one of the quilts that I'm dro...