Monday, February 1, 2016

Fixing The Quilt

Today I was up and ready to go. Met Rose and picked up some plants from her. She had them growing roots for me. Then headed to the church to get to our Brazilian Embroidery meeting.


I worked on this piece. I'm almost done with the leaves. The leaves it had original didn't look good, so I took my leave out and make different ones. They look better than the one the instructions had for it.
We talked about scissor fobs and brought in our beads and stuff. We will see if we have everything at our next meeting and then probably make them in March. I need to get one of mine fixed so I'm really looking forward to that meeting. I had a good time around friends.

When I came home, I pulled out the QOV quilt to fix it. When I washed it I found a corner that was not sewn down. Then  I remembered getting an email saying my quilt was 3" off.


Some of the basting stitches were still there, so I appliqued all the areas that were basted down. I can't figure out what I did to get 3" off on the squaring up. I remember making sure I squared it up, but I must of done something wrong. I just wish the seams were sewn back down after she took it out. Water under the bridge. I appliqued it and now it's good to go.

Just before I started this blog tonight, I found out on Facebook that Jana Freeman passed away. She didn't make it. I'm also thinking her parents didn't make it to Canada in time. I remember being scare to death of her. And I remember when we because good friends. That friendship was renewed about 6 years ago. We'd been messaging each other over the years. She was in the Navy. She could fix any car, plane or machine out there. She will be missed!

I'm hoping to get back to my Brazilian embroidery. I need to finish that. I want to get back to my cross stitch as well as my applique birds.

I was how excited my dad was when he saw a photo of this quilt. I realized then, I seriously need to get a quilt done for him. He served for 28 years in the Air Force. I need to make him a quilt! So, I'm thinking of getting a bird done for him as well. I may need to sew blocks together! ....So much for getting some of "my" stuff done. lol - I will try and see what I can do. I'm going to take the eagle with me tomorrow to applique while at the meeting.

Life goes on, we pick up our heads and keep moving. I'm trying hard to keep my head up and not hiding in the sand. I'm moving on, knowing more sad news is coming in my lifetime. We can do this...Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...