Monday, February 15, 2016

Presidents Day!

Today started out early for both of us. I went to our Brazilian embroidery group this morning. We had a good time. The funny part was everyone was done at noon when most of us usually hang around till 12:30 pm.


I finished up this project. It's another "finish-a-long" project. This makes two of them I have finished and that makes me feel great! I'm happy with the end result. I wanted to start the one my son and daughter-in-law gave me for Christmas, but the pattern is too small. I need to go to the copy center and get it enlarged by 10%. I'll do that when I go get the pattern for my next cross stitch.

We invited my parents over for supper. We played cards and had a great visit.

I pulled out my cross stitch and worked on it more.


It's coming along pretty good. I filled in the empty spaces that were missed. I've been working on the left side. It's not quiet half way, but it's getting close. I want to get to another area where I can do that parking. I think that helps a lot when I do parking. I did have to take out some areas that I messed up on.

This week is a good week of being able to get more stuff done. I'm actually excited about this! A week of less go...go....going. One my "wish list" is getting back to quilting, finish the second set of hot/cold plate pads, work on the appliqued eagle, finish up the Baltimore Liberty block, and maybe even work on the 9 patch blocks. My list is long, so what are the chances I'll make it?! I'll let everyone know if I even get one of those done! lol - Oh, I need to add Phil's quilt on there too, as well as the cross stitch...okay, not helping! Let's see what this week will bring - keeping my fingers cross it is a good week. Happy Quilting!

QOV Quilts

Donna has been awesome getting quilts done for QOV! Quilts of Valor quilts are for veterans. Here is one of the quilts that I'm dro...