Monday, February 29, 2016

Rain...Embroidery...And Good Friends

Today started out walking 2.25 miles. I enjoyed a good walk this morning.

Got everything ready and headed to our Brazilian embroidery group - BFF. We had some visitors from the "BELLS" group. They came all the way from Renton. We had a great visit! They brought some embroidery patterns and books from a major BE teacher who's health is not good. We picked through the stuff and donated to the Seminar's Scholarship fund.


These are some of the patterns I got.


I loved the women in these two patterns. I just had to get it.


Fell in love with the white peacock and got that pattern as well. That was all I bought. I didn't want to get too much because I really need to finish other stuff first. I have to keep myself in check with one project at a time. I seriously don't want to get into trouble with doing more than one project at a time.....like I do with quilting!



This is what I was able to get done today. I'm glad I enlarged the pattern. It was just a little too small for me. I like this pattern.

I will be working on the Cat Nap tonight. I need to get moving with it. Tomorrow is QOV meeting day. I don't know if I'll go. I tend to go 2 out of 3 meeting. I'm not done with the eagle and Donna won't be there. Not sure what I would do other than go to the meeting. Plus tomorrow it's supposed to be rainy and windy.

After our meeting today, we went to "Berry Fields" restaurant to have lunch. I like their food, but it's expensive to eat there. I had a 1/2 sandwich and it cost me $10. Had a salad as a side with it, but still.

Okay, now I'm off to try and get moving on the stuff I didn't get to today. May we all be Happy Quilting!

QOV Quilts

Donna has been awesome getting quilts done for QOV! Quilts of Valor quilts are for veterans. Here is one of the quilts that I'm dro...