Saturday, February 20, 2016

So Close to Getting the Center Done!!

This morning I enjoyed an hour to myself. I cooked the oatmeal cinnamon rolls I put together last night.


They turned out perfect! Tasted great! Even texted my son to tell him if he wanted some he better come over soon....didn't happen...his loss.

I started a load of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, and picked up a little. Patrick went outside and worked in the yard. He had a "friend" show up from the neighborhood. His "friend" brought him his burger toy to play with. When I went out, the dog pretty much let me know I wasn't supposed to bother them. It was funny! Patrick had to play with the dog as well as try and get some garden work done.

While he was outside, I went downstairs. I heated up the fireplace so I could keep warm down there.


I rolled the quilt, sat down and figured out I needed to roll hit another 3" before I got started. As one can tell, the center is slowly moving way! I'm so excited about getting done with that center. Once I do that I will be on my way to finishing up this quilt!


As time went by, I realized I was down there a good 4 hours. I tend to work from the left to the right on this center. Guess I'm more comfortable working from the left, since I am left handed.


I quilted the green area on this side. I need to do the left side, but wanted to get the cross hatching done first.


This is where I called it good. I was able to get a LOT done on this center piece, and it's soooo close to being done! I will probably go down again tomorrow and get more done. Patrick was up here watching TV while I was downstairs. We both were watching the same movie, but I think he just wanted to lay down on the couch. I did miss not having company down there, but I did understand why he wanted to lay down. He's still getting over the cold. He finally admitted he has a cold. He is telling me he will be back to normal tomorrow...don't think so!

When I finally called it good on the quilt, I came up here to watch the end of the movie. I pulled out my QOV piece and appliqued part of the flag down. I was able to get the top and start the bottom of the flag. It's coming along great too.


I bought the lighter fabric yesterday at Sisters. I like it better than the one I had. It shows up better. So, I'm going to applique this one and give it to Rita to put in the shop for the class I'm teaching. I don't think I will have it quilted. It will remind me of Charlie. I do miss that girl! I howled for her the other day and realized she wouldn't be coming around.

I marked the quilt top and now I need to baste it. I also marked my Brazilian embroidery piece. Now it's ready to get started on the Brazilian embroidery.

As I was marking my quilt top, Patrick asked what I was "doing now?" I told him I was working on this for my class. He just looked at me funny.

So, now the question is...What am I going to do tonight?  Good question. I have the cross stitch that is coming along, I have the 2 Fabric Applique that needs to be basted. What, oh, what am I going to do? Guess it will be what I'm in the mood to do. Which means I'm still Happy Quilting!

QOV Quilts

Donna has been awesome getting quilts done for QOV! Quilts of Valor quilts are for veterans. Here is one of the quilts that I'm dro...