Saturday, April 7, 2012

Friends Quilt top

I was able to put a few hours in on sewing this afternoon. 


Once I figured out what she had to what I needed to do, it was pretty quick, considering. As I've said before, I don't care for piecing but this is a pretty easy pattern. Trouble was, I took out almost as much as I put in today because I got the triangles backwards. Once I worked out an easier way of doing it, I was able to get more done.


I made three sets of the triangles to go in the blocks. So, that is about 1/3 a block. I did sew together one block she had in two pieces, and I sewed one block she had in 4 pieces (did half the block).  I need to make 2 blocks, so that's really not a lot. I just need to pay attention when I'm sewing it together. I figure if I put in two more afternoons, I should have it done. I only worked on it for about 3 hours.


I have the blocks laying on my quilt downstairs. Figured that way I wouldn't get distracted and quilt instead of piece. (just me)

Picking my son up at the airport tomorrow and taking him back on Monday. I figure Monday I will get some applique done while waiting on him to take him back to the airport. He has a job interview on Monday, and is flying in from NC. I'm hoping he gets the job, but time will tell.

In the meantime, Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...