Saturday, April 7, 2012

Friends Quilt top

I was able to put a few hours in on sewing this afternoon. 


Once I figured out what she had to what I needed to do, it was pretty quick, considering. As I've said before, I don't care for piecing but this is a pretty easy pattern. Trouble was, I took out almost as much as I put in today because I got the triangles backwards. Once I worked out an easier way of doing it, I was able to get more done.


I made three sets of the triangles to go in the blocks. So, that is about 1/3 a block. I did sew together one block she had in two pieces, and I sewed one block she had in 4 pieces (did half the block).  I need to make 2 blocks, so that's really not a lot. I just need to pay attention when I'm sewing it together. I figure if I put in two more afternoons, I should have it done. I only worked on it for about 3 hours.


I have the blocks laying on my quilt downstairs. Figured that way I wouldn't get distracted and quilt instead of piece. (just me)

Picking my son up at the airport tomorrow and taking him back on Monday. I figure Monday I will get some applique done while waiting on him to take him back to the airport. He has a job interview on Monday, and is flying in from NC. I'm hoping he gets the job, but time will tell.

In the meantime, Happy Quilting.

Interesting Day With Water Issues!

This morning I was up bright and early. I enjoyed a couple hours without Patrick. lol After Patrick was up, he was checking the water syst...