Monday, July 9, 2012

Can you believe it?

WOW! Three days in a row. Wonder how long that will last. lol

Okay, now that I was able to get the camera cleaned, I can now take good photos. lol

Here are some of the photos from my Affairs of the Heart quilt. I joined this quilt as a BOM. I have been working on the blocks for about 1 and 1/2 years now. I got discouraged when my mother finished her quilt before I did. She started after me, and didn't pay for the BOM. She's faster at applique and quilting than I am. So, I was irritated when she finished hers and I still had 8 blocks to go. I finally sucked it up and started working on the  blocks again. So, in the last week, I finished one block and started another one. Found out I was getting out of "turn" when I finished block #30 before block #29. So, now I'm on #29.


After taking the photo's of the blocks, I found out they look pretty good in the photos. LOL Funny how things look better if one can look at them in a different way.

Now you can see what I've been up to when I said I've been working on the Affair of the Heart quilt blocks.

















So now you have an idea of what I've been up to. The embroidery is varigated (sp) and I use 3 hand dyed flosses for it. I use what I feel goes with the block. I did havene block where it did look lost, but it still helped the block.

The weather is wonderful here. I'm enjoying the feel of getting back into finishing this quilt. I need to get it done for daughters wedding day next JUNE.

Since I have some medical issues that will be worked on Wednesday, I will try and get a few things done. Wednesday I probably won't be in the mood to work on anything, but I'm hoping.

In the mean time....Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...