Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to Crafts

After a few weeks of being out of "circulation" I'm finally back to working on my stuff.  While we were in Las Vegas, NV,  took along 2 skeins of yarn, to work on. I picked a quick and easy pattern, and started it on the trip at the airport. There I got a few rows done, and while in the motel room, I was able to get a few more rows done. By the time we came back - on the airplane - I found a mistake that was all the way down on the 3rd row. So, while on the plane, I was taking out several rows. I was able to get a few more rows put back in before we landed. So, I started to work on getting it done. 


I found the WSU colors just before we went on the trip to Las Vegas. I started it with my future son-in-law in mind. Now the wedding is off, so I don't know who is going to get. I may give it to my daughter or my son since both went to WSU. 

This week has been busy with family. My two brothers came up from Las Vegas and McAlsiter, OK, to go fishing. We were able to spend time together, which was a blessing. We even helped my parents get some more stuff off the property and into a shed. Things are going pretty good. Now hubby and son need to go and get the rest and move it to the shed. Then all they need to do is clean and have it ready for show. 

I was able to pull out a few of my blocks from the Affairs of the Heart. I decided I better get some more embroidery done on it, so that I won't have to worry about it when it comes time to put the quilt together. 


I got all my embroidery done on this block and started working on the other - 


I have a few more areas to work on and I'm about half way done. 

We (Myron's Girls) and other quilting friends from this area went on a Discovery Tours group to the Tacoma Quilt Show. I took a ton of photos and will post those shortly. I want to post those on their own. 

Things are getting better, emotions are coming back to normal. Since my gallbladder was removed, I haven't wanted to do much of anything, but today is a better day, I worked on genealogy, got a couple more rows on the afghan and finally posted on here. 

Things are looking up and I'm getting back to being Happy Quilting.....

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...