Monday, August 6, 2012

Falling behind

Guess I'm falling behind on my blogging. Never fails, but at times wonder if it's because it's summer time and I tend not to work on quilt related stuff or if I'm too lazy to write.


I have been taking photo's of the flowers in the yard.


And having fun with the camera this year.



About the time I wrote the last blog, our "Haven't Missed A Stitch" group with the Applique Society, finished the quilt that we were entering into Quilter's Junction's "ugly fabric" contest. We made it down to the last week before it was due. So, I have to say the group was really good about getting it done. One of the other gals in the group quilted the quilt and even I liked how it turned out. There are so many different applique techniques, that the quilt is well done.


Sorry, but it was up on the wall way too high for me. We did win a prize, but not sure what it is, and won't know till I get back. (Cil Brown designed the quilt)

So, after hanging that quilt, I came home and quilted on my quilt for a couple days before it got hot around here.



I finished quilting the corner and started on the next side. I worked in the flowers, but did not quilt to the boarder yet.



This is where I'm working on the flowers before I start echoing again.


This is a photo of the finished corner.

I have also been working on my Affairs of the Heart blocks. I worked on two of the blocks - doing the embroidery. I'm down to 6 more block before I can call it done. I'm getting there. I took one block I was working on to the doctors, and the doctor was telling me how he liked the colors and wanted to know if I picked my own colors. I was so surprised by his questions, that I seemed more like an idiot then usual.

While my daughter was here, we went to the Mariner's baseball game - WE WON! That was a great feeling. We had a great family day.


With this wacky family of mine - but they are wonderful!


This is from the high point at the Stadium. We were under the timer straight ahead. Hubby got great seats!


We always take a walk before and during the game to get some exercise - and we check out the Seattle Skyline.


A view worth looking at. - OH, and we got stuck in traffic on the way home. It took us 2 hours to get from Seattle to Tacoma - usually a 30 minute drive.  It was by Boeing field. Found out after we got home there was a shooting and one car hit another, etc, with all lanes blocked for hours. 


We even had a visit from my daughter's cat, Fredrick. Gun shy but a lot of fun.


But then Charlie girl, was not happy about it and spent more of her time outside with her noise out of joint.

So, as you can see, I've been having a busy summer. We are heading off to Las Vegas today, and will be back later this week. I'm not taking quilting stuff with me, but I am taking a ball of yarn and a crochet hook to see if I can start an afghan for a Christmas gift. I may have a few things for Christmas this year yet.

I will be going in for surgery for my gallbladder in the middle of the month, so I'm sure my down time will be doing applique - at least I'm hoping....lol Still need to do the block for the challenge when the two groups get together on the 23rd.

So, in the meantime and I going to try and be Happy Quilting...at least when I can. I did get a few stitches in on the quilt downstairs last night.

Enjoy and Happy Quilting.....

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...