Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back to Quilting


Thought I would share some photos from our trip to Pullman WA to see our daughter over the Labor Day weekend. We took a hike up Kamiak Butte, which we used to do when our two children were young. It was like going down memory lane, but this time my children were grown.


The Palouse valley is a pretty view. Shame we got there just after they harvested the wheat. When the wheat fields are green or even a golden yellow, that's the time to be there.




This is the trail we took. Let me tell you! - when you are recovering from surgery - you can feel the hike in your body! But it was worth the 3.5 mile hike we took. Coming back down, my legs were like jello. LOL I had to hang onto my family members coming down, so I wouldn't fall. It was too funny.


View from the trail.

Okay, now for what I've been up to for the last two days. Not only picking apples and plums from our tree yesterday, I actually got some quilting in.

I decided to put the computer down and get some work done. At about noon yesterday, I pulled my quilt out from behind the couch.


Took photos of my starting point. I have these photos on my computer to remind me to work on my quilt. The more I see it on my computer, the more I want to quilt. - Works pretty good.


Decided I needed to work on the side border area, so that I can get the side done.


I started out working around the flowers o outline it.


This way I could work in the purple quilting thread and hopefully get more done with the outlining. he outlining took longer than I thought, but I was able to get most of the flower done.


Once this part was done, I could work in the areas that needed to be "filled" in.



Now I can go back to where the two flowers "meet" and I can do the quilting to fill in the larger area of the "quarter" of the quilt I'm working on.

Over the last two days, I have gotten a lot more quilting done the I expected, because I have a tendency to check my games or do other things like laundry, (potty breaks), cooking and what ever else comes up - like phone calls from friends a family.

At least today, I'm Happy Quilting......

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...