Monday, September 24, 2012

Getting Closer to Half Way

As time goes, I'm still working on applique and quilting the quilt.

One morning I decided to wash my quilt. I'm one of those that uses the quilts I make. The nice thing is I got my mother's front loader washing machine when she moved. (Traded my old one for her new one). I love the washing machine!! It's wonderful! Now, back to the quilt. I pulled the quilt off the bed to noticed the binding is coming apart.


This is my scrape quilt that is called the Inner City. I made it over 5 years ago. I started it over 10 years ago. I'm betting it's closer to 20 years old then 10, but not sure. I remember working on it in Pullman, and we have been here for 15 years. So, maybe it is at least 15 years old.


So as I was picking up the quilt, I found it coming apart in several areas at the top of the quilt. (this is a photo of the back).


At least that's the least of my problems. I need to cut the binding off and put another one on. I had originally pulled the binding from the front to the back. Cutting off the binding won't be too hard. - Plus it will straighten up the quilt (smiling). I need to sew some strips together to use on the binding. Just not ready to go back down on the sewing machine but will do that before Winter hits.

In the last week I have gotten a lot done on the Hawaiian quilt. I still seem to do a lot of playing on the computer, but oh, well.


Since the last time I wrote on here, this is where I was at the time of writing on the blog.


Each step got me that much closer to getting it done.


Decided to take a photo of where I as at the time. Wanted to know the "overall" view of where I was to getting done.


Then got back to quilting in the "V" area.


Got closer each time I pulled the quilt up to work on it.


Then last night, I finished the 'V' area. Remember, I'm not doing the echo stitches according to the Hawaiian way of measuring. I did all the work by my eye sight, and if you look really close you will see I have some smaller or bigger areas of measuring. I'm not worried about it. I like the effect of closer echo stitches. You get more of a "sea" wave to it.


So, today, I started working on the area below the one I just finished.  If I can get this part done, I SHOULD be closer if not, at half way.

They tell you, you should write done what your thinking and how you put the quilt together, in a book. I didn't think about that when I was working on this quilt. I may do it on some of my future quilts. But this quilt, seems to be written more on here than anywhere else. So, I guess you can say, this is my journal on this quilt. I have started a journal for another quilt that I have plans to start. I put when I purchased the BOM and where I am on getting it started. Now I just have to get it away from my mother so I can get started on it.

First things first. I am needing to go downstairs and piece a quilt top together for a friend who is in our bowling league. Guess I have all year to get done but hope I won't take that long to do it.

Speaking of bowling - I started bowling last week! I was excited about using my new bowling ball. It was everything I expected! I bowled so good and wasn't even trying!! My Weds. night game has me at 172 average, and my Friday bowling was a 611 series which makes my average 203! Best I've done yet for starting out, just hope it keeps up.

Well, I need to get back to quilting, so you'll know I'm Happy Quilting.......

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...