Monday, October 15, 2012

Getting closer

Life is good. I just posted on the "Letters from the Past" blog - so you can get an idea of what I am doing with my genealogy. 

I just got a call from my parent, telling me they will be stopping by in about an hour. So, thought I would get a few blogging in. 

 
Today is a rainy day. When I look out my back door I see is beautiful tree, with all it's glory. The colors are just wonderful!




On days like this, I tend to play on computers or clean up my messes ----


Which just happens to be the boxes of stuff that were under my quilting table. I wanted to clean it up so I wouldn't have to look at them - knowing I needed to do them at one time or another. After my brothers came and gave me permission to do with the stuff as I pleased, I decided I needed to get it over with. 


Even the top of the table is crammed. I am getting closer, but not quiet there. That box under the table was opened today and would you believe it's full of more photos - more current.

Okay, now you wondering if I actually did any quilting today. Well, so far today that answer would be "No." But if you were to ask me yesterday, the answer would be "yes."


This is the second out of four sides. I had done the first side last week, and decided to go ahead and work on the second side. Then and only then, can I say I'm half way.



I had to take a photo of the area that is completed. I really love the affect the quilting has on this quilt. I'm happy with the results. It's not done in the "traditional" way, but then again, this is my quilt from the beginning. My design, my quilting, and my work. If I wee to take it to be judged, I believe it would not pass judging because the quilting lines are not "exact" and in a special "rhyme or reason" for the quilting. Today's judges tend to judge on what they like, and on what is "perfect." When I don't want a "perfect" quilt, I find I do a better job. 

My mother is coming to work on a couple sheets on my sewing machine. So, not sure how long that will take. I need to go through some newspaper clipping and see what I need to keep and what I don't. As you can tell, my mind is going in five different directions. 

In the meantime, I hope to be Happy Quilting...maybe.tonight.....

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...