Monday, March 25, 2013

Long Overdue

Here I go again, taking too long to blog. One of these days I'll get it right. lol

I'm trying to get the quilt done by next Monday, but to be truthful, I don't know if it will happen. I tend to find things that need to be done, and I think I'm having a hard time finishing. Not quilting it - but finishing it. I've been working on it for so long, I hate to finish it! What in the world is wrong with me!?!


I've actually gotten more than this done on this area. If I can get this done, it shouldn't be that much harder to get the rest going just as fast.


I took off the round hoop and changed it to the square one. I need to make sure my quilt is going with the grain when I put it on, but it has been helping a lot more than the hoop. My hoop is about 30 years old and I seriously need a new one. I found one I want but don't know if they are still in business. It will cost me close to $100 to get it, and I really don't know if I want to spend that much. It would be a better hoop and a lot tighter.

This weekend I spend time going to a Barbershop Quartet concert and really enjoyed it. While we were out at the concert, I had my sour dough going with the bread machine. I wanted to make some pretzels. When I got home it went pretty quick making them. I've been experimenting how to make pretzels that have a really good crust. I finally found one!


Had Patrick shape them, and we did a couple different shapes. I would have taken a photo of them but this was the only one that was left. Even my son said it tasted like pretzels. That made me happy! I love making homemade bread but I need to cut out eating the bread. I have a gluten sensitivity and got carried away the last couple weeks. Retreat is next weeks, so will be on the gluten free meal for a week at least.

This weekend, I went down to me quilt room - haven't been down there in a LONG time, and seriously need to go down and try to finish a few things!

Anyway, this is the mess I found -


I get some help - everyone puts my "crafts" downstairs on the cutting table. Instead of cleaning up my quilt room, I ended up cleaning up the living room, dinning room, and kitchen. When I say cleaning, I mean SPRING cleaning and getting behind every corner. Took longer to do the cleaning then our usual clean on Saturday mornings.

So, today, after doing the paperwork for TAS on both groups, writing a letter to someone to pay their water bill, and cleaning up the kitchen as well as laundry, I went downstairs. Here we go again, CLEANING. I don't like cleaning but I do it. Easier to clean a clean room then a messy room. I found a few things that need to be done -



Blocks of the Enigma Star pattern. I have enough to put a quilt together. This was hand pieced and I've been working on them over 15 years now. What I really need to do, is put them together and finish this quilt. That is one of many UFO's, but WAIT, I'm not done -


Let's not forget about my Affairs of the Heart quilt! This one need 5 more blocks done and then they can be put together. STILL MORE - 



Table Runner #1! This is ready to be quilted as is - 


Table runner #2! Okay, now that makes 4 projects - RIGHT? Well, that's just the ones I pulled out off my cutting table. Now what -


stack them up and HOPE to get to work on them when I'm done with the quilt. Really?! Nah, that probably won't happen - remember - I have that quilt top I told a friend I would finish?? Well, I really think that should be next - OH WAIT, High School Graduation is coming up in June and I need to do the crocheted afghan I said I would do for her! OH CRAP! When will this stack get touched again??! Heck if I know, but I'll try to get to them this year!


Oh, yah, forgot to tell you of all the photo's of quilts that I took over the years........Now what?! I need to go through them and decide what I want to keep and what can be thrown away......then what?! probably TRY and put them in an album. OH, did I tell you, that's another project?


Cleaned up a little bit.....now I sit here and wonder if that was a good idea or not. It's straightened up some, but wouldn't you know it, I found more stuff that need to be finished - including that quilt on the frame! The funny part is, you can't see the others that are in boxes back on the shelves. UGH


While cleaning, on Saturday, I found these cute little sleds, stacked with chocolate! I took a few pictures for next year, so I can make them at Christmas time. We had them on the book shelves, showing them off.

Okay, after all that's going on, I'm back to quilting. I need to pick it up a notch and get to work. I will be in Seabeck WA next week. I'm planning on taking my computer and will see if they have WiFi for me to post daily. Then maybe I can get in the habit of posting daily.

Hoping to post before I leave on Monday - and hoping to be Happy Quilting......

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...