Saturday, June 22, 2013

Actually Quilting

This week has really been busy and interesting at the same time.

Between moving cupboards around to actually quilting. When all was said and done, the dinning room turned out awesome. Thanks to my wonderful husband, who knows how to decorate. Me, not so much.


Now that this part is done and looks great, the other cupboards look a little bare and are slowly getting more stuff in them. I keep looking at half a shelf and wonder what in the world was I thinking when I bought the dishes that started this whole thing off. 



After playing all day on Sunday, I realized I was not getting anything done. I could sit there and wish or hope I was getting stuff done, but nope, nothing was getting done. So, after the last two days, I have decided that I would spend more time with my quilting then I would on the computer playing games. I realize I have made a lot of friends and love playing with them, but there just isn't enough time in the day for me to play and quilt! 

I started with this flower and as the week went on, I was getting more and more done. 


Then yesterday was Myron's Girl's group "gathering" and I was able to get even more done. I'm doing less for the group and actually sitting to enjoy quilting with them. It's fun to see what they are up to and how things are going.


Martha had all her stuff out and she was working on the Affairs of the Heart, which I seriously need to finish the last 4 blocks so I can get it all put together or at least work on the borders. 


Judy, Ann and Loretta were talking about how to work with bias tape for the leaves. It was great to see Loretta, as she is like me - hit and miss.


The more quilting I got done, the more excited I get about finally getting this one done. I will try and get this third corner done, so I can move on to the last corner. It has a lot of open space, but I'm not too worried. I had to change back to the hoop to quilt because the square wasn't getting the corner as good as I would have liked. I couldn't tighten the sandwich as well as I can with the hoop. I seriously need to buy a new hoop and am looking at the ones that are stronger. They are made by a company that makes the stand as well. I don't want the stand, but I do want the hoop. I believe the last time I checked it was $75. I'm beginning to believe it would be a great investment for me.


I was at this point this morning, but after putting in about 3 hours of work I'm around that flower and on my way to the second one.

So, you can see, I'm Happy Quilting.....

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...