Friday, August 30, 2013

Getting behind again

Just realized I haven't posted at all this week. I try to post at least once a week, but this last week went by faster than I thought.



I stayed with "grandma" on Thursday and was able to work more on the quilt top that I was working on last week. I was able to get it done in short time.


I was actually surprised at how quick I was able to get it done. I also worked on the binding of the sample quilt that I did when I was machine quilting.




Now I can take this to Virginia and let her know it's done. I'm not real happy with the way it turned out, but she had started it (beginner) and I wasn't able to get it squared with the blocks she did. So, I worked around what she had. I think the borders turned out great. Actually, she didn't have enough fabric to get the borders to the corners so I could do mitered corners. The best way to fix that was to put the squares in the corners. 


On Friday, I went to the APWQ show in Tacoma. I spend most of my time at The Applique Societies booth. We had a great time! I enjoyed it, and I had the gals that were there - go and check out the show, since they rarely get to do that. 


I fell in love with this quilt! I had to send it to my daughter to check out, as we both love cats!


The rest of this week I was binding the two quilts that I machine quilted. I finished the second one today at our groups meeting. I had some help from Nancy and my mother. Most of this week I've been working on the family history. My dad's DNA results came in and it was amazing to find out he was 76% British Isles, 22% Scandinavian - we all thought he would be half and half.

Now I'm going to get back to working on the UFO's that are hanging on my wall! lol

Let's hope this week will be more of me being Happy Quilting.......

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...