Saturday, August 17, 2013

I took a class!

Since my hubby is off enjoying his family in Michigan, I'm here filling in my time. Friday was the quilt group meeting. I decided I would go to Quilter's Junction to learn how to use the quilting machine! Me, yep, me, learning how to machine quilt. 


So, I did free form quilting. Actually really enjoyed it. My back didn't care for standing the whole time, but I did enjoy quilting for a couple hours. Trouble is after a few hours of quilting, I realized I was getting a little bored. lol


I've started out wondering what in the world am I going to do for patterns. I didn't have any ideas, then I started remembering those art classes we took in school years (and years) ago. Came in handy. lol


Surprisingly, I even came home and sewed the binding. Now I'm hand sewing the other side of the binding and got half of it done yesterday. Today, I didn't get very far. lol - if at all. 

So, my job is to finish this up tomorrow. 

In the mean time, this coming week is loaded. So, hopefully I can get more of my blocks done (Baltimore Liberty). I've actually got more done on the blocks. 

I'm getting closer to doing more quilting projects. I may actually get a few things done this week. So, I guess you can say, I'm Happy Quilting.....

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...