Thursday, September 11, 2014

Day 8 and counting!

Okay, today is day 8 of having my finger limited to what it can do. I took the bandage off today, and it looks ugly! Still a little swelled. I can deal with this.

Today was also quilting at Quilters Junction. We had a good turn out. Kathy W was teaching us how she stores her fabric and I came home to do it with my larger yardage.


And yes, I had to buy this fabric! It was the last of the bolt, so I took it. About 2 1/2 yds.

Okay, Kathy takes her 6" x 12" ruler and rolls the fabric around it like what I did above.


You need a flat area, and my quilt frame is not flat.


If the fabric goes over the corner, fold it so it will be in the middle of the fabric. This is my 6 1/2" ruler as my 6" is at a friends.


Then fold it in half. That saves room!


I got all these done when I got home and found my finger was not happy with me doing it, so called it quits for the day.

I've been doing pretty good considering. Not happy I have to wait till Monday, but understand why. Will put a band aid on it later, wanted it to get air and work on healing. I know it's working because the stitches are itchy.

Enjoyed my day with the gals. Will be at mom's tomorrow and may take my cross stitch and see if that will work.

May you be Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...