Sunday, September 21, 2014

Quilting Day!!

Awesome day! I was able to do a little quilting!! I'm so happy!

Today started out slowly, got up early and played games, then I went back to sleep on the coach, since Patrick took over the bed. lol

While sitting and watching the Seahawks game, I pulled out mom's quilt and started getting work on quilting it. I didn't get a lot done because my finger wasn't quiet ready to do quilting yet. So, I'm doing what I can, then I go a pick it up again and do more.


The quilting is going to be "simple" because the pattern itself is busy. So, this is a basic quilted quilt. I would love to do more, but it would be over-powering if I did. Mom is coming over tomorrow to help work on it. Most of the block itself is outlined, and will go really fast. I got all this done in about 1 hour. I've done another wing since I took this photo.


I always love the back. I seem to do better with the back then front. This is gold quilt thread on black. It really "pops" in the back. This way you can see what I'm doing. I will outline the whole block, then the sashing will have a flower with some curved pattern. We will probably have one or two of the sashings done by then.

While I was taking a break from quilting...


I was able to get more done on the cross stitch. I'm really liking how this is coming along! It's so pretty. Have a lot more to do, but will work on it while taking breaks from quilting. I'm hoping I can get my Hawaiian done as well. Today's weather wasn't bad, so I could get quilting done on my lap.

Tonight is bowling, and that's another reason I didn't keep going with the quilt. I need to use my finger while bowling and don't want to push my luck.

As you can see, it's great to be Happy Quilting!

Interesting Day With Water Issues!

This morning I was up bright and early. I enjoyed a couple hours without Patrick. lol After Patrick was up, he was checking the water syst...