Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Day At The Hospital

What a day! We got up early, went over to the folks to get dad off to the hospital (they finally called at 8:15 pm to say we needed to be there at 9:30 am). We split up in two cars, Katt wanted to take her car in case she wanted to go somewhere. Katt and I went in one car, Patrick took mom and dad in their car.

We arrived at 9:40 am and dad was in the room getting ready for surgery. Then we found out there was an emergency and someone else went in before him. I spent time with dad while he was waiting to go in. He didn't make it into surgery till 1:15 pm. I worked on my blocks and I played on my tablet while we waited. Dad's surgery took 3 1/2 hours. He finally made it up to the ICU room at 7:00 pm. So, we visited and then headed back home. It all depends on how he's doing tomorrow as to when he will be coming home.


I appliqued these leaves done. It's all ready for the flower.


I finished this basket. I also got the wing of the eagle done too. I'm happy with what all I did get done.

My threads arrived yesterday from P3 Designs, Pearl P. I love the colors, and it will be a new challenge for me to use the thread. I do like how they look, so I'm really looking forward to using the thread. It's going to look better than the floss does. Just what I need, more threads for embroidery! I must have 4 different kinds of threads for embroidery!

I need to take a few pictures of the stuff I've been working on. I did start block #1's flower. It's in pink.

It's been a long day, dad's resting, and I'm still Happy Quilting.

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...