Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Having Fun Working on Baskets

Today I made an excuse not to go next door and play cribbage. I seriously need to cut back on going over there.  I went to see my dad before I had physical therapy. We had a good time. We even went to Arby's for lunch. Dad was cleaning the house when I arrived. He seems to do a lot of that lately, while mom quilts. Good thing mom was at Seabeck, because she couldn't complain at dad for not doing something. lol

I didn't make it back till later in the day. I went to Michael's looking for some floss, but they didn't have what I wanted, so I bought a "bar" pan. I also picked up two utensils but after I got them home, realized they were "cheaply" built. And they were from that Cake Boss. I'm thinking that is his name. I know now that I won't buy another "Cake Boss" product for the crap I got. But I did like the price, so can't complain too much.

Last night I was able to get a few things done on the baskets. I'm really having fun with doing them.


  This is the basket for the first block. I was surprised at how quick and easy it went. I'm getting better at this. lol


I still have two blocks with leaves basted down. I'm betting it will be fun and easy to work on.


I did start working on block #7's basket. I'm really surprised at how many of the baskets I have done. I have also picked out some of the fabrics that will be the flowers for a couple of the blocks. I find I'm stay pretty close to the colors that are in the designed blocks. I would like to think outside the box and try to get my own colors in there. I'm not as crazy about pink, and they seem to be in a lot of blocks. I'm going to check on the flowers online to see if there are other colors that will work just as good. I do have "some" pinks, but not a lot. Mom has more pinks then I do, so chances are I'm going to be going over to her place and getting some pink to go for a few of the blocks. I even have an idea of what I'm going to do to make the quilt just a little bigger.

Tonight was bowling night. I bowled a 160, 215, and 194. Can't complain. I'm getting a little better now with the new ball. I'm finally comfortable with the new bowling ball, and it's showing. Patrick didn't do as good. We had a sub because our bowling partners took a month off. With the gone, we still lost 3 games for the second week in a row!

We dropped off my daughter-in-laws Birthday gift on the way to bowling. Her Birthday is tomorrow. Patrick got her a couple really pretty plants for the yard. She is so good at gardening and awesome at growing plants.

Tomorrow is our potluck at the Thursday quilt group. Looking forward to enjoying a day with quilters. We'll all be Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...