Wednesday, October 28, 2015

An Awesome Day at Class.

Started out getting up on time this time. I checked out my neighbors house to see if I had the alarm set right. Guess I did.

Headed to Whalen Quilt Works quilt shop. Today was the last day of working on the "2 Fabric Applique - Dragonfly" pattern. We had a good time. Both my students figured it out fast, and we all worked on our applique projects.


While they did the dragonfly, I did the acorn pattern. This is what I was able to get done today. I hadn't touched it since basting it because I wanted to be able to use this in teaching. I'll work on it again tomorrow night when my night class concludes as well. I like how it's turning out. This is the one for my Aunt in Arizona.

Came home and worked on my eagle. Wanted to do applique and decided I would wait on the acorn pattern till after tomorrow night.


I'm almost to the tip of the wing. When I get that done, I'll add the darker upper wing.  I purchased the fabric for the post that the eagle is sitting on. I will work on putting that on next. I have a gold for the arrows. Not sure if I will go with gold or go with a blue. I'll have to figure that out when I get there.

Tonight is bowling, so it will be interesting to see if we can take first place. I'm hoping!

Last night I worked on the rose block.


I did all the embroidery last night I will see what the group thinks and see if I need to add more.

In the meantime, Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...