Friday, February 19, 2016

A Day of Applique!

Today started out earlier than normal. I had to get moving. Mom and dad where taking my sister-in-law to Portland to get on the plane. Since they were doing that, I needed to get over there for our quilt meeting.

We had a good time. There were about 9 of us. 5 of us had lunch. We all brought stuff for taco salads. It worked out great. We had plenty of stuff with just the 5 of us. We had a good visit while eating as well.


I finished up on the arrows. Both are done. I was surprised at how quick and easy they were. I was thinking as I was working on them that I needed the blue and red for the flag. I didn't get to the point of needed the red and blue, so it worked out okay. After everyone left mom's I stayed for another hour just in case the guy showed up for the heating unit. He didn't, and I left.


When I got home, I basted the bottom part of the flag. I'm going to have red with white stars for the top of the flag. Once I get that down I can get the post on and then the body. It shouldn't take so long. I just need to sit down and do it.

I'll probably spend the evening working on the cross stitch. I've been getting a lot done on it. I'm actually more excited about starting the Lavendar and Lace pattern. I really want to get that one started. Just like I'm excited about getting the quilt downstairs done so I can put another one on the frame. I have a lot ready to quilt right now, but not there yet.

I did stop off at Sister's quilt shop on my way home. I bought 3 rolls of YLI white thread. I found a site that said YLI is now in Mexico and the thread is really bad. I decided I would get extra quilting thread so I won't have to worry about the crap from Mexico. There were complaints about the thread splitting. Not as good as it used to be.


I'm working on the greens on this side. It's looking pretty good. I like to wait till later to do the outlining. So, once I have all the cross stitch done I can do the outlining. I like outlining because it makes it look so much better plus it shows one if they missed a spot. (which I have been known to do!)

I have family asking about family history again, so I need to get moving on doing the letters again. I've really gotten behind on that part of it as well as the recipes that I have in the cabinet.

Oh, well, there's only so much one can do in a day....Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...